Voice Directing Picking
Voice Directed Picking (VDP) is a highly flexible, hands-free, paperless picking system that uses verbal commands transmitted directly between a human order selector and a wearable computer.
The order selector wears a headset/microphone combination, which is attached to a small control unit worn around the waist. The control unit communicates voice commands to the picker and then receives spoken responses from the picker via radio frequency. Functionally, VDP is very similar to traditional RF Scanner Picking in how items to be picked and their location are selected and then verified; however, it is text based.
- Hands -free, Eyes-free
- Less Fatigue
- Elimination of Paper, Printers, and Exception Entry
- System Cost is Related to the Number of Users Only
- Highly Accurate
- Confirmation of Picks by Reading Check digits
- Individual Productivity Tracking
- Scalable for Peak Activity
- Ability to Batch Multiple Orders Together
- Flexible Deployment and Reconfiguration