Pick and Place Robots
Pick-and place robotics are often applied when a very high rate of speed moving small items is required. Pick and Place is accomplished with:
- Fully articulated (multiple axis) robots.
- SCARA (Selective Compliant Axis Robotic Arm)robots.
- Parallel axis (Delta or ‘spider’) robots.
As rates of up to 150 picks per minute can be achieved, robots can help eliminate very tedious repetitive tasks, increasing thought-put while reducing floor space. Some example applications are:
- Placing small bottles in cartons.
- Inserting condiments into a prepared food item (relish pack).
- High speed case packing of small items, like soup envelopes.
Pick and place robots can have vacuum or squeeze type end or arm tools, and use either vision systems or line tracking (or both) to identify pick points.