The term “robot” may evoke many interpretations, both in physical description and of value to business, but in material handling for production lines robots arelong been a proven technology.
Robots are pre-manufactured, state-of-the art devices which can be integrated into a complete facility system. By tirelessly completing repetitive, strenuous and dangerous tasks, robots can help companies retain profitability by allocating workers to handle jobs which more desirable and suitable for humans.
In manufacturing and distribution, we typically apply robotics to 3 major functions:
- Pick and Place
- Case/tray packing
An integrator must be capable of properly designing the application, programming the robot and properly applying the end of arm tooling (EOAT) to make the robotic operation a success.
McCombs-Wall is a skilled robotic system provider, offering in-house services:
- Virtual simulation analysis.
- Robotic cell design and planning.
- Robot programming
- End of arm tool design.
- Safety enclosures, interlocks, light curtains, etc.
- Visual tracking and vision system programming.
Why robotics may be helpful to your organization
- Reducing operational costs
- Improving product quality
- Improving employee work quality
- Increasing production rates (faster)
- Increasing flexibility in manufactured products (multi-tasking)
- Reducing the waste of materials
- Ensuring workplace safety and improving worker health
- Reducing staff turnover and recruitment difficulties
- Reducing energy costs and consumption
- Reducing workspace for large manufacturers